Doctor insights on:
How Quickly Does The Liver Oxidize Alcohol
About half oz/hour: About half oz per hour.Get a more detailed answer ›
This organ plays a major role in metabolism and has a number of functions in the body, including glycogen storage, decomposition of red blood cells, plasma protein synthesis, hormone production, and detoxification. It lies below the diaphragm in the abdominal-pelvic region of the abdomen. It produces bile, an alkaline compound which aids in digestion via the emulsification of ...Read more
Half oz/hour: About half oz per hour.Get a more detailed answer ›
I take on lot of alcohol and seem to have intermittent dull pain of liver.L am horrible but need some help?
Join AA: You could benefit by joining aa before its too late. ...Read more
Depends, often yes: Alcohol harms the liver in stages, and until the very end stages (cirrhosis = scarring), the damage is reversible if one stops drinking. First is alcoholic hepatitis, which can show just on lab tests, or can cause right upper abdominal pain, nausea/vomiting, bloating, jaundice (yellow skin), bruising/bleeding, and hormone changes. Quitting drinking at any stage will improve health & decrease risks. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How much alcohol is the liver capable of oxidizing per hour?
- How does alcohol affect the liver?
- How does alcohol damage your liver?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How does alcohol cause cirrhosis of the liver?
- How long does alcohol stay in your liver?
- How long does alcohol affect your liver?
- How long does it take liver damage from alcohol?
- Talk to a hepatologist online for free