Doctor insights on:
How Quickly Does Mesothelioma Progress
Mesothelioma is a rare cancer of the lining of the lungs. Symptoms include shortness of breath, abdominal pain, and weight loss. It is usually caused by exposure to asbestos fibers. Most people exposed to asbestos, however, do not develop mesothelioma. Rather, they are at much higher risk of cancer of ...Read more
Ca of lung lining: Your lungs are surrounded by a lubricated lining called the pleura. This lining allows your lungs to move against your chest wall without friction. When these cells become cancerous, it is called a malignant mesothelioma. Mesothelioma are difficult cancers with few effective treatments. A single day of radiation to the biopsy site can prevent local invasion. ...Read more
Possibly: A new mutation in a gene called bap1 was discovered in august 2011 which predisposes people to develop mesothelioma (and melanoma of the eye.) people with a strong family history of mesothelioma might carry this gene in their family. To learn more: http://www.Cancer.Gov/newscenter/pressreleases/2011/mesotheliomabap1. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How quickly does ovarian cancer progress?
- How quickly does the aortic valve progress?
- How quickly does interstitial lung disease progress?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How does als typically progress?
- How does conjunctivitis usually progress?
- How does motor neuron disease progress?
- Interstitial lung disease how fast does it progress
- Talk to a thoracic surgeon online for free