Doctor insights on:
How Quickly Can Lice Spread From One Child To The Next In School
Head lice: Simply put, you can do everything right and your family could still end up with lice. And of course, head lice have nothing to do with hygiene or income level; anyone can get them. The most common route of transmission is head to head contact, such as two kids bending over the same coloring book. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Not long: Playing together for even a brief time could lead to spread from one child to another. ...Read more
One child keeps getting a very bad case of head lice I have tried everything and she still has it! what next?
Exposure: This child was exposed at school or play. Consoder yourself lucky you only ha e to treat one child and not whole family. Discard comb used on this child and wash head gear in hot water to prevent spreading infection in household. ...Read more
Ask Pediatrician: Typical first-line treatment would be a pediculicide for at least 2 treatments (preferably day 0 and day 9). Some experts recommend 3 treatments (days 0, 7, and 13 to 15). Permethrin 1% and pyrethrins plus piperonyl butoxide are generally considered first-line treatments. Benzyl alcohol or Malathion is a suitable second-line pediculicide. Choice depends primarily on the age of the patient & resis. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can viral pink eye be spread from the liquid in one eye to the other?
- How much weight can you lose in one month if you go to the gym every day?
- Can warts spread from one part of the body to another?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How to tell the difference between heat rash and allergic reaction in a child?
- Does eczema spread from one part of the body to another?
- Is it possible to get an std from oral that will show up the next day in mouth?
- How do i tell a malignant lump in the armpit from a benign one?
- Talk to a pediatrician online