Doctor insights on:
How Quickly Can Cholesterol Level Change
Depends on Change: Hdl levels change based on the intervention. If a patient starts to loose weight, or change diet, or increase exercise, stop smoking or HDL will gradually increase over months. Medications that raise cholesterol can do it more rapidly, however, current guidelines do not recommend raising HDL cholesterol with medications. If your HDL cholesterol is low or high, it is worth being evaluated for this. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
See below: No easy way you can fast and can vigously excercise and that might lower it enough for what you need. ...Read more
More veg/fish, less.: If u r young and in general good health, 206 is very mildly elavated and if you have high level of HDL (good cholesterol) say above 60...I would not worry much about it (less than 200 = good). Balanced diet with more fish/veggies, less animal fats/cholesterol, and more aerobic exercise will do the job! an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure..Stay well and healthy.. Good luck. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
LDL, not Cholesterol: Cholesterol is a fat molecule manufactured by every animal cell, a building block of each cell membrane (enables membrane fluidity/movement without tearing), is fundamental to the survival of every animal cell. Lipoproteins (proteins which transport all fats in the water outside cells) is the correct issue for artery disease (e.g. Ldl ?700 nmol/l, HDL ?45 µmol/l). Cholesterol ?$, but misleading. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I am 27 years, weight 80kgs, but my cholesterol level is 260, is my health status serious or fine enough.
Thanks in advance.
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How quickly can your hdl cholesterol levels change?
- How quickly can your cholesterol level fall?
- How quickly can a blood test show changes in tsh?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How fast can triglyceride levels change?
- How quickly can you lower cholesterol with medications?
- How can you reduce your cholesterol level?
- How quickly can a diet lower cholesterol?
- Talk to a cardiologist online