Doctor insights on:
How Often Should You Put Ice On Your Knee For Swelling
Swelling is the enlargement of organs, skin, or other body parts. It is caused by a buildup of fluid in the tissues. The extra fluid can lead to a rapid increase in weight over a short period of time (days to weeks). Swelling can occur all over the body (generalized) or only in one part ...Read more
I fell and hurt my knee. It was swelling and it hurt so i put it up, wrapped it in a tensor bandage and iced it. Should i wear the tensor to bed?
I fell on knee while bent when i slipped on ice 8 weeks ago. No pop and had little pain and hardly any swelling. Now it's stiff in the back and hurts.
My knees began by swelling and hurting with no injury,after a week of ice and some rest they wont bend and hurt and swell,what is your opinion this?
By finding the: Cause of the swelling of the knee then will decide how to correct it. ...Read more
Can putting ice on my knee reduce effusion? The swelling does not seem to down my patellar causes catching what does that mean? Please help and explai
Mechanical knee: Mechanical knee symptoms with effusion is a meniscal tear until proven otherwise .See orthopedist for exam whil ice will reduce unflammation it wont fix the non smooth gliding surface. ...Read more
Moderate pain when bending knee past a 90 degree angle. Loud pop was heard before I noticed any pain. No swelling. Can straighten and put weight on it?
My knee keeps swelling it hurts, I dislocated it bout 4 years ago...What can I do? Its feels like its turing over when I walk! I've used ice an heat
Consult Orthopedics: This sounds like a complicated orthopedic surgery problem. You should consult an orthopedic surgeon. The swelling and symptoms you describe are certainly not normal and suggest a major joint problem. Exam, x-rays, and MRI will likely be needed. Treatments could include therapy, bracing, anti-inflammatory meds, injections, and possibly surgery. You should not let this persist. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How often can you use baking soda on your teeth?
- How long are you on crutches after you sprain your knee?
- How long and how often per day should you do steam inhalation for sinusitis?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What do you put on a ganglion cyst for treatment ice?
- How long should one put off a knee replacement if you have grade 4 arthritis?
- How often should you use exfoliating body wash on back acne?
- How often should you wash your face?
- How long how often should you work out on the elliptical for optimal results?