Doctor insights on:
How Often Should You Get Tested For St Ds
STD screening: Screening guidelines for stds recommend that sexually active men and women should be offered routine screening for hiv. Serologic testing for hepatitis b should also be done. Women with a history of unprotected sex/multiple partners should be screened yearly for gc and chlamydia. Men for chlamydia. The window period for detection of HIV antibodies is 6 wks-6 mos. After exposure. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Depends on activity: That depends on how often you're having sex, especially unprotected sex. It could be anywhere from never to every 3 months. I have some patients who should probably be tested every week! but remember that there's no single easy test for stds. To test broadly you may need a combination of blood tests, urine tests, and often throat and rectal swabs. ...Read more
Yes!: Homosexuals are not the only ones to get stds. If you have sex, you are at risk for stds period. Doesn't matter if you're gay, straight, bi, transgendered, etc. If you have multiple partners, you should get tested often - no strict rule but at least 2x/year. And, especially if you have any symptoms like discharge, rash, ulcers, etc. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Not usually: If you are truly safe and have no physical or functional symptoms, there should be no reason for you to need an std evaluation at any particular interval. Knowing your partner, limiting your number of partners, regular self exams and listening to your body, should be your guidelines. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Variable: Gonnorhea or chlamydia can be urine tested after 2-3 days, syphilis or hpv when sore or lesion develops, can be weeks, blood tests take time because there have to be organism or antibodies develop, i.E hiv/aids or syphilis. Early tests can give both false positive & false negative results. Later testing much more reliable. ...Read more
See a doctor: Generalist urologist or board of health clinic. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How often do you have to get tested for an std if your partner refuses treatment?
- How long should you wait before getting tested for stds?
- How long after sex should you get tested for std?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long after should i get tested for std?
- How long and how often per day should you do steam inhalation for sinusitis?
- How often should you get a meningococcal meningitis vaccine?
- How often should you put ice on your knee for swelling?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free