Doctor insights on:
How Often Should You Get A Tetanus Shot
Booster every ten: After an initial series, boosters are given every ten years unless one has a dirty wound in which case the interval may be shortened. There is very little harm in getting an early dose. Tetanus vaccine is often combined with diphtheria and activated pertussis (whooping cough) vaccines. Dtap and tdap. ...Read more
10 years: The recommendation is every ten years.Get a more detailed answer ›
I'd repeat every 5y: Effective protection depends on lifestyle. For the average person the coverage should be effective for 10 years if the primary series was completed earlier. If one walks in muddy streams, camps, hunts, works in the dirt a lot, i'd only count on 5 years before getting another booster. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How often should you get a b12 shot?
- How often should you get a tb shot?
- How often should i get a tetanus shot?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How often should you have a tetanus shot?
- How often should you get a tetanus booster?
- How often should you get a flu shot?
- How often should one get a tetanus shot?
- Talk to a pediatrician online