Doctor insights on:
How Often Should You Get A Tetanus Shot
Booster every ten: After an initial series, boosters are given every ten years unless one has a dirty wound in which case the interval may be shortened. There is very little harm in getting an early dose. Tetanus vaccine is often combined with diphtheria and activated pertussis (whooping cough) vaccines. Dtap and tdap. ...Read more
After 20 weeks: Currently, tdap vaccine is recommended for all pregnant women after 20 weeks gestation if they have not received this vaccine previously. In addition to tetanus and diphtheria, this vaccine contains whooping cough (pertussis) vaccine as well and there is an epidemic going on at this time. It is important to get this vaccine. ...Read more
10 years: The recommendation is every ten years.Get a more detailed answer ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How often should you have a tetanus shot?
- How often should adults get a tetanus shot?
- How often should one get a tetanus shot?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How often are you supposed to get a tetanus shot?
- How often do you get tetanus shot?
- How often should you get a tetanus booster?
- How often get tetanus shot?
- Talk to a pediatrician online