Doctor insights on:
How Often Should I Have A Colonoscopy
Had colonoscopy at age 50, they removed non cancerous polyp. I am 51 now, how often should I have a colonoscopy or other related screenings?
I have reasonably well controlled left-sided ulcerative colitis (on azathioprine and balsalazide), diagnosed approx 34 years ago aged 30. How often should I have surveillance colonoscopy?
Every year...: ...Or maybe 2 (recommendations are slightly different in uk andus). Long term uc ( even left sided) can have increased risk for colon cancer, without going through the usual polyp gone bad over time stages. Colonoscopy with multiple biopsies to check for " dysplasia" are done. If dysplasia (either a precancer change or marker for current nearby ca), need to seriously consider surgery ( various). ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I'm 26 and was diagnosed with mild Crohn's disease in 2012. How often should I be having a colonoscopy?
Crohns Disease: The interval for colonoscopies varies for patients diagnose with crohns disease. This should be discussed with your gastroenterologist. ...Read more
Why do I have to have somebody with me when I have a colonoscopy done? I am having a colonoscopy done this tuesday. And it tells me i need to have somebody with me. What happens if i cannot find anyone to go with me? I do not drive and will be taking a ca
The : The reason for having someone with you is that you will be getting sedation for your procedure and it would not be safe for you to drive afterwards. Most facilities also ask that you not take a cab or bus after sedation, though it can be argued that this might be overly cautious. You should contact the facility you're going to, explain that you plan to take a cab, and ask if that would be okay. They may ask you to sign a waiver of liability, but will probably be willing to go forward. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How often should i get a colonoscopy?
- How often should you have colonoscopy i have a lot of lower abdominal pain?
- How often should you have colonoscopy if polyps are found?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How often should i have sexual intercourse around ovulation to conceive?
- How often should i urinate?
- How long should i wait to donate plasma after having a colonoscopy?
- How often should an infant have a tub bath?
- Talk to a colorectal surgeon online for free