Doctor insights on:
Contact Use And Eye Health
Is it bad to wear contacts every day even if they are top of the line? Should eyes be given a break and will this effect the health of eyes long term?
For months my eye has been irritated when i put on contacts went to eye doc he gave me allergy eye drops & igave my eyes a 2wk break from contacts.
Do you know when you go and get a eye exam does the optician usually try and give you 20/20 vision regardless of glasses/contacts?
?? Question: The ophthalmologist will determine what correction is needed to provide you with 20/20 vision, if your eyes have that potential. They may provide that correction depending on your visual needs and/or comp;aints. It is important for the ophthalmologist to determine your best corrected vision. ...Read more
Have severe dry eyes (daily restasis + eye drops). Want to wear contacts more often but right eye hurts after 2 hrs. What are my options?
My eyes are fatigued, they hurt internally my right eye lid has a faint burning sensation. I use a computer often and wear contacts started 2 days ago?
Consider dryness: The most common cause of many different symptoms with frequent and sustained computer use is dryness. When you concentrate at the computer, your blink rate drops and the eyes are open longer so drying can occur. And most computers are in dry atmospheres. Try obtaining a bottle of over the counter lubricating eye drops left next to the computer and applied when the symptoms occur. ...Read more
Case of Missing Lens: Consider wearing swim goggles so that you don't find yourself starring in the "case of the missing lens" [a nancy drew mystery?]. I know people who swear that they've never lost a lens when swimming in a pool. But usually goggles are cheaper than replacing contact lens. If it doesn't float off your eye, it could pop out when you're wiping your face. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How often can i give my baby a suppository?
- How often should i go to my doctor for a checkup?
- How often should you take a break from lifting weights?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How should i treat a chemical burn from magic eraser?
- How often cani give my baby glycerin suppositories?
- How many hours after a dental filling should i wait before brushing my teeth?
- How often should i take my diflucan to treat vaginal yeast infection?
- Talk to a ophthalmologist online for free