Doctor insights on:
How Often Do Atonic Seizures Have To Occur For It To Be Epilepsy
A neurological disorder where nerve cells of the brain are injured, epilepsy results in seizures that range from nearly undetectable to extremely vigorous. Epileptic seizures may occasionally result in loss of consciousness and confusion. Causes of epilepsy include genetics, head trauma, prenatal ...Read more
Possibly: Some people are have photosensitive seizures, caused not necessarily by changing color but the flicker frequency of the changes. This was previously called tv epilepsy, but new screens do not cause this. Consult a neurologist who may suggest medication and a particular frequency of blue sun glasses that makes the likelyhood of seizures less likely. Also avoid flickering lights. ...Read more
You're special: Many things can cause seizures. One bump on the head too many can do it. Some families have an inherited tendency to develop Epilepsy. This might not be the case with your's. It is reasonable to ask your doctor why they think you have developed seizures. I'm sure they will give you a good answer. ...Read more
Complex partial sz: I think you may be referring to complex partial seizures and those that secondarily generalize. It is very common to have seizures that start in one area of the brain with loss of awareness followed by spreading to involve the whole brain. It is called complex partial epilepsy with secondary generalization. Hope that helps answer your question. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How often do have seizures to have nocturnal epilepsy?
- Do the atonic seizures actual damage the brain?
- I have seizures but not epilepsy
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How often do seizures in children come from pvl?
- How do you know if you have epilepsy?
- Epilepsy what to do during a seizure
- How often does down syndrome occur?
- Talk to a neurologist online