Doctor insights on:
How Often Can You Give A Newborn A Glycerin Suppository
Is it safe to give my 20 day old newborn pedia lax liquid glycerin suppositories if she isn't making regular diapers?
Not recommended: Not without a physical assessment by her pediatrician. At 20 days of age, we don't expect babies to make "regular" diapers. A baby may have a bowel movement with every feed or they may go up to 5 days without pooping. As long as she is feeding well, urinating normally and seems comfortable, I would leave well enough alone. Never give a baby under 2 months of age medicine without discussion w doc. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
A suppository is a drug delivery system that is inserted into the rectum (rectal suppository), vagina (vaginal suppository) or urethra (urethral suppository), where it dissolves or melts. They are used to deliver both systemically-acting and locally-acting medications. The alternative term for delivery of medicine via such ...Read more
I gave my daughter half a glycerin suppository she is 7 months old I haven't seen much poop yet should I give her another half ?
Yes.: Suppositories usually work pretty quickly. However sometimes they need to be repeated the following day. Before you use such measures you should definitely check with your doctor to make sure this is what you should be doing. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How often can i give baby glycerin suppository?
- How often cani give my baby glycerin suppositories?
- How often can you give a baby a laxative suppository?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How often can i give my baby a suppository?
- Glycerin suppositories for newborn
- How often is it safe to give my baby a suppository?
- How to use a glycerin suppository?
- Talk to a pediatrician online