Doctor insights on:
How Much Weight Will A Person Lose After A Foot Amputation
Not much: It should not be enough to require a transfusion unless you are anemic beforehand. Your surgeon will use a tourniquet during surgery if he is concerned about blood loss. Many times an amputation is required because there isn't enough blood to a limb, in which case blood loss should be minor. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Modify: You may have to modify your routine exercise. There will be certain limitation to consider. You want to avoid anything that causes further breakdown of your skin, leading to ulceration and further infections and amputations. Shoe modification is also very important.Depending on the level of the amp, you may need fillers to help. Also ask your doctor if any work is going to be done on your achilles. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Why it is done: Healing in a foot amputations will be slow. If amputation is done on a normal healthy person like after a injury will heal with in 6 wk, but most of the foot amputations are done on diabetics, with poor circulation due to peripheral vascular diseases , with infections including gangrene of toes , will take months to heal. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Series of steps: Anesthesia is provided, followed by tourniquet application. Skin is preserved to cover the amputation site, and all muscle-tendon tissues and blood vessels cut to expose the bone. A saw device is used to resect the bone and remove the amputated tissues. Closure of the skin flap is done to protect the exposed ends of the live tissue. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How much blood will i lose during foot amputation?
- Can a person drive a car after a foot amputation?
- How much weight can a person lose in one week?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How do you exercise after a foot amputation?
- How much weight will i lose after tonsillectomy?
- How much weight will i lose after hysterectomy?
- How much weight can the average person lift?
- Talk to a vascular surgeon online for free