Doctor insights on:
How Much Time Will I Need To Take Off Of Work After My Gallbladder Surgery
The gallbladder is a sac-like structure located under the right lobe of the liver. It is attached to the common bile duct via the cystic duct. The gallbladder can store bile when the bile is not needed, and can squeeze bile into the bile duct and intestine for digestion when a person eats larger ...Read more
Depends: It depends on what type of surgery was done and how bad your gallbladder disease was. And it also depends on you. For gallbladder removed laparoscopically most people are out of the hospital in less than 24 hours and some can get back to work in a couple of days. Others may have more trouble dealing with pain after surgery and take longer to recover. If your gallbladder is very sick.... ...Read more
See below: Follow the advise of your surgeon.Get a more detailed answer ›
Get evaluated: If you are still sick after gallbladder surgery, then get in to see your surgeon, to evaluate you for a post operative problem. If you are free of post operative problem, then an additional diagnosis needs to be considered. Okay to ask about a stomach scope/egd, a tech hida scan and blood lab tests. Good luck. ...Read more
Since my dad's gallbladder surgery, he's been having trouble breathing. On o2 for the first time ever. What could have happened to cause this?
I got a pre assessment on Friday for my gallbladder surgery how long after will it take to go in for surgery ?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it a good idea to take time off of work after my hand surgery?
- How long will i be off work after gallbladder surgery?
- How long will i be off work for a gallbladder surgery?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How much time off work should i ask for after an acl reconstruction?
- How much time off should i take after getting a breast augmentation?
- How long are you off work after gallbladder surgery?
- How long will i be off work after gallbladder removal?
- Talk to a hepatologist online for free