Doctor insights on:
How Much Time Will I Need To Take Off Of Work After My Gallbladder Surgery
See below: Follow the advise of your surgeon.Get a more detailed answer ›
I got a pre assessment on Friday for my gallbladder surgery how long after will it take to go in for surgery ?
I have hematoma after gallbladder surgery. Don't know how big it is. How long does it usually take for the body to absorb it and why does it happen?
About Six Weeks: Hematomas are quite common after surgery.It is just collection of blood which gets clotted after the surgery and with time liquefies and gets absorped in the blood stream. Most hematomas do not require any treatment and resolve by itself.But sometime if they are large and pressing on some organ/ structure or it gets infected,then it has to be drained and treated appropriately.Discuss with Surgeon ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Get evaluated: If you are still sick after gallbladder surgery, then get in to see your surgeon, to evaluate you for a post operative problem. If you are free of post operative problem, then an additional diagnosis needs to be considered. Okay to ask about a stomach scope/egd, a tech hida scan and blood lab tests. Good luck. ...Read more
Depends on...: what is being treated, duration of treatment so far, dose response to medication, inciting factors (ongoing NSAID use, tobacco, alcohol), likelihood of excessive acid production (e.g. Gastrinoma), risk factors (e.g. Prior ulcers, family history), biopsy results (if endoscopy performed).Relative to timing, best take before breakfast for optimal benefit. If doc agrees could assess symptoms off drug. ...Read more
What are some complications i may have if i return to work three weeks after lap. Gallbladder surgery. My job is strenuous and has a lot of heavy lift?
Larascopic gallbladder surgery 4wks ago. Sharp pain started after 2-3wks, when taking deep breath under ribs right side & back. Pain takes breath away?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it a good idea to take time off of work after my hand surgery?
- Will i need to take medications after my hydrocele surgery
- How often will i need to have endoscopies after my esophageal cancer surgery?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How can i take time off work to recover from cosmetic surgery?
- I stay up so much because of work how can find time to relax my body and mind
- How long will i be off work after gallbladder surgery?
- How long will it take to get pregnant after i get off my birth control?
- Talk to a hepatologist online for free