Doctor insights on:
How Much Time Does A Sprained Finger Take To Heal
4-6 weeks: A very bad sprained finger can take up to 4-6 weeks to heal. If your finger still hurts a lot after 2 weeks, go see your doc to check for possible stress fracture. Each week you should feel better, be able to move your finger more. If your finger stops improving or gets worse, you should see your doc. Good luck. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
How long should it take a sprained finger to heal? I sprained my middle and ring finger of my left hand in the middle of november. It's now the middle of january and it still hurts as much as it did in nov. I've been wrapping the two fingers together an
Ice and early motion: It is important to find out if the finger is sprained and not broken. The only way to know for sure is to get an x-ray. Once a fracture is ruled out, an early protected range of motion exercises can begin. Finger joints can get stuff quickly, so it is important to get them moving as soon as possible. Talk to a board certified orthopaedic surgeon and/or an occupational therapist for treatment. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does a sprained finger take to heal?
- How long does a sprained middle finger take to heal?
- How long does a sprained ring finger take to heal?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does a knee sprain take to heal?
- How long does it take a wrist sprain to heal?
- How long does it take for a foot sprain to heal?
- How much time does it take a staph infection rash to clear up?
- Talk to a orthopedic surgeon online for free