Doctor insights on:
How Much Time Does A Blood Transfusion Typically Take
Is it possible to still be anemic? I had blood transfusions acouple months ago, but lately i'm pale, fatigue & tired all the time. And i take iron.
Possible: What is the cause of your anemia. If the anemia is caused by heavy menses and this problem has not been addresses, yes, you are going to be anemic again. The blood cell from the transfusion will only last 3-4 months in your body - sometimes shorter- depending on the age of the pack blood cells given to you. You need to see your md and find out the cause of anemia. If this is due to menses- see gyn. ...Read more
It depend: It depends what you mean by being active, for example playing sport, or up and around. For the sport , i think one week because after you give you loose volume of your blood and it needs some time to adjust for that loss. For minor activity if do not feel dizzy or weak, do it as far you feel okay. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
If you have a blood transfusion how long will it take to process the foreign blood out of your body?
Probably 120 days.: The foreign blood is not really processed out of your body as much as it is reconverted as it is used. It also depends on what is transfused in the first place be it packed rbc's, fresh frozen plasma, or cryoprecipitate, etc. At any rate, the average life span of a red cell is 120 days, and depending on how old the cells are when transfused it can take up to that long for them to die off. ...Read more
My haemoglobin level is 7.6.. How long will it take to get that back to normal without a blood transfusion?
I had a blood transfusion is their anything to worry about this was my first time i'm anemic it been a week just a little worried?
Is 8 weeks of iron infusions enough? Ater this time hemoglobin decreased to 7.6. As a result, i had a blood transfusion.
Something's wrong: If iron infusions over eight weeks didn't fix your anemia, it's either not due to iron deficiency or you still have serious blood loss. I also see that somebody is giving you vitamin B12 for whatever reason. Please forgive my frankness. If there is not a misunderstanding, please get with a hematologist. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How much time does it take a staph infection rash to clear up?
- How much time after a blood transfusion should you wait to be active?
- How much time does a sprained finger take to heal?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does it take to recover from a broken fibula typically?
- How long does it take a broken blood vessel in the eye to heal?
- How long does it take for syphilis to be detectable in a blood test?
- How long does it typically take a deep bone bruise to the hand to heal?
- Talk to a hematologist online for free