Doctor insights on:
How Much Should I Worry About Finger Pain
Finger pain: Common causes of finger pain include injury or trauma, such as bending your finger backward (hyperextension) or from repetitive use, such as long periods of keyboarding. More serious conditions, such as diabetes or a neck or spinal cord injury, can also cause pain or a burning sensation in your fingers. Sore joints in the fingers may be caused by arthritis, inflammation, and age-related wear. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Various: You must first find out what is causing it. If it is arthritis, your physician may prescribe something like tylenol (acetaminophen) or alleve. If it is from gout another drug may be necessary. If you are a diabetic and it may be neuropathic pain, and a different drug may be necessary. As you can see, you must first find out what is causing the pain. ...Read more
See below: definition is a FINGER that hurts -if concerned see an ORTHO HAND specialist ...Read more
R.I.C.E.: Rest (limit your activities with the finger), immobilization (with a splint to limit movement), cold (packs of ice, 20 mins on, then 20 mins. Off) and elevation (above the heart, whenever possible to reduce swelling). If r.I.C.E. Does not provide sufficient relief, or if you are in severe pain, then it's time to see you doctor to confirm the diagnosis. Over the counter tylenol (acetaminophen) or Motrin can help. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How much should i worry about eye pain?
- How much should i worry about blurry vision and eye pain?
- How much should i worry about ear pain?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How much should i worry about hip pain?
- How much should i worry about seizure?
- How much should i worry about urticaria?
- How much should i worry about alopecia?
- Talk to a hand surgeon online for free