Doctor insights on:
How Much Semen Does It Take To Fertilize An Egg
My boyfriend says his semen isn't 'mature' enough to fertilize an egg. How can that be possible? Can it be fixed?
Is it ok for a semen of:volume:3.2, count:222, motility:33%, progrsive motility 28%, grade motili +3 normal morph:5% to fertilize an egg and conceive?
See my remarks: The volume and count are O.K. Motility and morphology are below normal. Your husband needs to be checked by a urologist who deals with fertility. I bet he has a varicocele (extra veins in lt. Side of scrotum) taking care of the varicocele usually improves the quality of the sperm. ...Read more
Hours: Its very quick, a matter of hours. ...Read more
If it can take a rather long time for sperm to meet an egg,then is it possible that douching or showering could remove semen,sperm and prevent pregnan
Here are some ...: Known to us, once inseminated in the vagina, the sperms may survive for 3-7 days during which sperms competitively swim through cervix, uterine cavity, Fallopian's tube to fertilize the awaiting egg. But, how long does the lucky sperm take to swim to the egg is an open question since no study has been specifically done to answer your question. So, I guess fertilization take place in 1-7 days. ...Read more
A fetus: A fetus is a human form. These are human cells dividing and growing. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does it take sperm to fertilize an egg?
- How long after sex does it take to fertilize the egg?
- How long does spermatogenesis take fertilization?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Where does fertilization takes place
- Does fertilization take place in the uterus?
- How long does an egg take to implant?
- How long does your egg take to implant?
- Talk to a urologist online for free