Doctor insights on:
How Much Of The Population Is Affected By Muscular Dystrophy
Estimated incidence: Estimated incidence is approx. 1 in 4, 000 male births. ...Read more
Too early to tell: The science and technology is only in its infancy... Probably will be decades before it is a reality. ...Read more
Talk and love: People with muscular dystrophy have the same social needs that we all have, so continuing to interact and spend time with them is a huge plus. They're also in a position to teach us all some important lessons about life. Encourage them to do so. In addition, people with muscular dystrophy have a need to be as functionally independent as possible and to set and work toward goals. Best wishes! ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Muscle disease: Muscular dystrophy is a worsening disorder that causes muscle weakness. The worst kind is duchenne's dystrophy, that affects only boys, leads to severe weakness, and wheelchair needs, breathing difficulties in the teens. Milder forms can present later or not cause as much disability. These are genetic (runs in families) disorders. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How much alcohol is the liver capable of oxidizing per hour?
- How much vitamin d is needed to increase the level of testosterone?
- What system is affected by removal of the thyroid gland?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How much of milk of magnesia is safe for the quick relief of severe constipation?
- What dictates how much hcg is present in the blood of a non pregnant woman?
- What part of the brain is affected by autism?
- How is the respiratory system affected by exercise?
- Talk to a neurologist online