Doctor insights on:
How Much Milk Does Baby Need
Milk: First, I would just try it. They might take to it, without a problem. If they reject that, then titrate. Start with 7oz formula and 1oz milk. After a few days, go to 6oz and 2oz, and so on. It's a good time to switch to a sippy, too. Also, don't forget to use whole milk (4%), from 1-2 yrs old. ...Read more
Whole milk: Whole milk is recommended when a baby reaches one year of age. ...Read more
Babies' growth: Yes, babies growth may be "stunted" if they do no not receive adequate milk, (breast or formula). At first only weight is affected, but depending on duration length and brain growth and development could be affected. If unsure about your baby have your doctor check weights weekly or monthly depending on age. ...Read more
Aspiration: The swallowing and breathing tubes use the same mouth and rely on a transitional structure called the epiglottis to close over the breathing tube and allow you to swallow food/fluids. If a baby is breathing in while the fluid is trying to go down, some can sneak passed the epiglottis and be inhaled into the lung. Luckily this rarely happens. ...Read more
? can't ?: The best advise in the 40's to 60's included early infant solids to make up for deficiencies in home made bovine milk formula.(great for cows) This changed when moms went back to breast feeding and formulas were better designed for human use.No-one will jail you for early feeds, but it doesn't improve babies diet,sleep,or growth.Waiting until they sit is better for their developmental needs. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How much protein does the average man need?
- How much protein does a woman need a day?
- How much folic acid does a woman need?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How much iron does a woman need?
- How much dha does a pregnant woman need?
- How much milk does a breastfeeding mother produce?
- How much soy milk do i need to drink in a day?
- How much milk does a toddler need a day?