Doctor insights on:
How Much Is Open Heart Surgery
Open heart surgeryy: Open heart surgery encompasses lots of different procedures. It generally implies being placed on a heart lung machine during the surgery. The time differs depending on what procedure(s) is/are being performed. In general the range is 90min to many hours such as 4 to 6 depending on the complexity of the problem being operated. ...Read more
Open intervention on the heart to correct congenital cardiac anomalies, repair replace heart valves, ascending aortic dissection repair, coronary bypass, heart transplant, surgical removal of heart tumors, ventricular assist devices, cox maze procedures to cure atrial fibrillation, repair of trauma to the heart. Repair of iatrogenic injuries to heart, heart-lung ...Read more
Recovery time: Recovery time from cardiac surgery varies by the general condition of the patient and the type of surgery. For an uncomplicated coronary bypass surgery in an otherwise normal patient, can be out of hospital in under a week and back to work after around 6 weeks on the average. With complicated surgery in an ill patient these numbers can be significantly longer. ...Read more
Bypass: The heart is stopped and the blood returning to the heart is instead diverted to the pump oxygenator, a machine that adds oxygen to the blood which is then pumped back into the aorta. So the surgery can be done with the heart stopped and with the blood bypassing the heart chambers. After the surgery on the heart is completed, the blood is directed back through the heart and lungs. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How much time does it take to recover from open heart surgery?
- How dangerous is open heart surgery?
- How long does open heart surgery take?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How do doctors perform open heart surgery?
- How long is recovery from open heart surgery?
- How long is recovery after open heart surgery?
- How many open heart surgeries a year?
- Talk to a cardiologist online