Doctor insights on:
How Much Is Knee Replacement Surgery
What to do if i want to know what is total knee replacement surgery and how much it is beneficial?
Can be very helpful: At 37, a knee replacement may not be the best answer for you unless there are very unusual circumstances typically a total knee refers to resurfacing the end of the femur bone at the top of the knee, resurfacing the tiba bone at the lower leg, and resurfacing the undersurface of the kneecap. ...Read more
Why am i still having so much pain from knee replacement surgery.First i had the left one, then the right one them the left one again(posts/screws were too small according to dr.)the last one(left)was done in 2011.I refuse to go back & let them redo the
How long after double knee replacement surgery will I likely be released to be able to drive? I want to have realistic expectations.
Strength: Although most pts are limited with pain prior to a tka, doing excercises to build-up your quads will help. This can be straight leg raises and wall sits. Practice using a cane or crutches as well. Building up your iron stores with a MVI or eating greens will help limit any affects of postop anemia. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Total knee recovery: Full maturation period for a total knee is 12-18 months. This is to achieve final full motion ; strength ; the fluid motion you will have for many years to come. Most people will participate in 6-12 weeks of formal pt. However, somewhere between 4-12 weeks, people generally stop their formal therapy and continue there lifelong maintenance exercise program. Best outcomes require regular exercise. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Yes: Knee replacements can provide years of pain-free activities. The more aggressive the activity, the greater chance to cause problems down the road. Think of them like tires-how you treat them will affect their lifespan. Impact activities like running will shorten their lifespan, while knee-gliding activities like skiing place less stress on them. Chose your miles carefully ! ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How much physical therapy is required after knee replacement surgery?
- How long is recovery from knee replacement surgery?
- Is it normal to get lower back pain after a total knee replacement surgery?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long until my knee feels better after total knee replacement surgery?
- How much is vocal cord surgery?
- How much is toe shortening surgery?
- Is it worthwhile to delay knee replacement surgery to have a synvisc injection?
- Talk to a orthopedic reconstructive surgeon online for free