Doctor insights on:
How Much Folic Acid Should I Be Taking Every Day
800 mg: If your pregnant 800 to 1000mg of Folic Acid per day will suffice to help with growth and many metabolic processes for both you and baby. More so having adequate Folic Acid levels before conception (400mg/day) can reduce some birth defects of the heart and nervous system. So it's never to early to start (folate (folic acid) is a water soluble b vitamin so excess is excreted in urine). ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Folic acid, AKA folate (folic acid) (vit B9), is recommended for all women wanting to get pregnant -- 0.4mg (400mcg) daily, which is important for preventing birth defects like spina bifida. Women w/ a hx these disorders should take 10x that amt daily -- 4mg (4000mcg) through the 3rd month of pregnancy. It won't affect fertility, chances of conception/twins, or periods. ...Read more
Take with brushing: Take your meds or vitamins when you brush your teeth. ...Read more
I'm 11 weeks pregnant and i was wondering if not taking folic acid every day will cause the baby to have Down syndrome or any other health issues?
I'm b12 deficiency I get injection every 8 weeks.my folic acid is 6.0.i take Folic acid myself 0.4mg should I take more than 1 a day.
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long should i be taking folic acid?
- How much iron supplement should i take every day?
- When should i start taking folic acid
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How much folic acid should a pregnant woman take?
- How much iron do i need every day to be healthy?
- How much weight will i lose if i run a mile every day for a month?
- How long should i take folic acid during pregnancy?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free