Doctor insights on:
How Much Does Atrial Fibrillation Affect Longevity
Atrial fibrillation is an irregular and often rapid heart rate that commonly causes poor blood flow to the body. During atrial fibrillation, the heart's two upper chambers (the atria) beat chaotically and irregularly — out of coordination with the two lower chambers (the ventricles) of the heart. Atrial fibrillation symptoms include heart palpitations, shortness ...Read more
Electrical chaos: The electrical impulses in the upper chambers of your heart (mostly originating from the left side) are completely chaotic leading to a quivering motion of these chambers instead of their typical, coordinated pumping function. The lower chambers beat erratically, as the electrical impulses bombard them in a haphazard way. See a cardiologist or an elelctrophysiologist. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
There's so much tv advertising about atrial fibrillation. John's Hopkins publishes that AF is found in about 1% of the general population. Maybe true?
Arrhythmias: Atrial fibrillation (afib) is the most common sustained rhythm abnormality. It's characterized by an irregular heart rate. The upper chambers of the heart (atrium) do not beat but quiver. Many people don't notice it. But many do. It can lead to strokes in some patients so blood thinners are important. It can be treated with medications, ablation thru iv's in the groin or surgery. See a cardiologis. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How can food affect atrial fibrillation?
- Can atrial fibrillation affect ed?
- How is atrial fibrillation treated?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Does caffeine cause atrial fibrillation?
- Does atrial fibrillation shorten your life?
- Does radiation therapy cause atrial fibrillation?
- Does it matter if a person has atrial flutter or atrial fibrillation?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free