Doctor insights on:
How Much Do You Get Paid To Donate Bone Marrow
Bone marrow is the flexible tissue found in the interior of bones. In humans, red blood cells are produced in the heads of long bones, in a process known as hematopoesis. On average, bone marrow constitutes 4% of the total body mass of humans; in an adult weighing 65 kilograms (140 lb), bone marrow accounts for approximately ...Read more
No.: If you volunteer for the bone marrow registry you agree to donate for free. It is illegal to charge for transplanted organs or tissues, other than the costs involved in collecting the tissue. You can be paid by a company that wants marrow for a non-transplant reason like research or other commercial purpose. ...Read more
Not long. : The process of becoming a donor is lengthy and very time consuming. However, actually giving stem cells (or bone marrow) takes usually several hours. Marrow is collected in the or and takes 2-3 hours. Stem cells can also be taken from an IV like giving blood. But this may takes several hours. Thanks for considering marrow donation. ...Read more
Awesome gesture!: That's a great and noble gesture! go to your local hospital and ask to join up to the national bone marrow database. It should be a quick exam and test to collect data on you, you have the option of remaining anonymous. This is great and i hope more people follow your lead! if this helped, please vote or follow me, thanks and best of luck! ...Read more
Bone is a living growing tissue made mostly of collagen (protein that provides soft framework) & the mineral calcium phosphate that adds strength & hardens the framework. Two types of bone are found in the body; cortical (dense compact outer layer) & trabecular (makes up inner layer, ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How much do you get paid for donating bone marrow?
- How much money do you get for donating bone marrow?
- How much can you get for donating bone marrow?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How much do you need to smoke to get cancer?
- How much bone marrow can you donate?
- How old do you have to be to have a bone marrow transplant?
- How much do you need to lift to get into powerlifting?
- Talk to a hematologist online for free