Doctor insights on:
How Much Colace Should I Take
I take colace & miralax daily - occasionally 2 tsp of Calm powder. when I do, I see black floating drops that leave orange oily residue??? what's that?
Not certain.: An oily residue may indicate that CALM may be interfering with your intestine's absorption of dietary fat. Magnesium can react with other substances in the intestine. There is NO evidence that a person eating a normal diet needs additional magnesium and no evidence that Calm has any positive effects in a healthy person. If it made my stool look like that, I personally wouldn't use it. ...Read more
Depends on stooling: A lot of nursing home patients have a difficult time with stooling. Some medications, especially opiate pain medications, are constipating. For those individuals colace is a necessary thing. Not all though, and if stooling is going well, there's no reason to add another medication. Much also depends on the ability to generate enough force to get the stool out. ...Read more
Is Colace ok to take for long term? Have bee taking daily for 3 years (during and following chemotherapy). Different opinions among doctors.
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How much vitamin c should i take to miscarry?
- How much amoxicillin should i take for abscess tooth?
- How much l tyrosine should i take for weight loss?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How much cephalexin should i take for pneumonia?
- How much amoxicillin should i take for tooth infection?
- How much amoxicillin should i take for sinus infection?
- How much biotin should i take for fertility?
- Talk to a gastroenterologist online