Doctor insights on:
How Much Bruising Is Typical With A Hand Fracture
A fracture is a broken bone. As there is cartilage at the end of many bones at the joint, a fracture may also include a break in the cartilage. Fractures and broken bones are the same thing. It seems that many believe that a "fracture" is a lesser injury or an incomplete break in the bone, but this is not correct. Fractures may be displaced or ...Read more
Almost anything...: The hands are very often injured because they are our connection to the outside world. Symptoms and signs of hand fractures include pain, deformity, point tenderness, swelling. They can be caused by direct blows to the hand, twisting injuries, and crush injuries. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Rather quickly...: Compared to other bones. Hand fractures are often healed in 3-4 weeks. At that point they will often not appear to be healed on xrays but these lag behind the actual healing. Because stiffness in the hand is much more common than poor fracture healing, immobilization of hand fractures needs to be for as short a time as possible. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Is it broken or fractured is a question I am often asked. The answer is basically that a broken or fractured bone is the same thing. A fracture means a break in the cortex or the strong layer of outer bone cells. In an adult the average time for that to heal varies greatly but is often considered to ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How is a hand fracture typically treated?
- How long will it take for a fractured hand to heal?
- How long does it take a fractured hand to heal?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How can i rehab a fractured hand bone?
- How can you tell fracture in hand?
- How stable are pins in hand boxers fracture?
- Bruising on hand for no reason
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free