Doctor insights on:
How Much Amoxicillin Should I Take For Tooth Infection
Depends: What type of tooth infection? Like many other conditions, antibiotics serve as a supplement to surgical intervention. A dental abscess may need drainage or extraction. If going to be effective alone, any antibiotic, if effective, should begin to elicit changes within 24 to 36 hours. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
Infections are invasions of some other organism (fungus, bacteria, parasite) or viruses into places where they do not belong. For instance, we have normal gut bacteria that live within us without causing problems; however, when those penetrate the bowel wall and enter the bloodstream, ...Read more
See a dentist ASAP: The tooth infection won't go away without treatment and the infection may spread to your jaw, cheeks, sinus and to other areas of your body. Dentist will treat a tooth abscess by treating the cause and getting rid of the infection. Do not delay. Good luck. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
Amox or Penicillin?: Both are commonly prescribed effective antibiotics but it won't matter which one you take as without appropriate dental treatment to remove the cause of the infection, you won't resolve the problem. This requires professional dental treatment. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
Hi. I have a tooth ache / tooth infection and I am trying to nurse it til I can make it to a dentist. I found some amoxicillin I had from before 500 mg. can I just take 1 or 2 pills per day 1 in morning and 1 at night till I can get to them in a few da
Yes: It is never a good idea to diagnose and treat yourself. You should contact your dentist to be treated for the emergency. However, if that is not possible, and have pain and swelling, the antibiotics may help. If you have no allergies to penicillin, you should take three tablets daily or every eight hours for the infection. You could also contact your MD for some medication. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
I just had a d&c surgery for my miscarriage. I was prescribed amoxicillin before i had that for my tooth infection. Is it safe 2 take after a d&c?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How much amoxicillin should i take for a tooth infection?
- How much amoxicillin should i take for abscess tooth?
- How much amoxicillin should i take for sinus infection?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How much amoxicillin should i take for a tooth abcess?
- How long should i take amoxicillin for tooth infection?
- How many milligrams of amoxicillin should i take for an abscess tooth?
- How much cephalexin should i take for an upper respiratory infection?
- Talk to a infectious disease specialist online