Doctor insights on:
How Many Years Of Life Does The Donor Sacrifice In A Partial Liver Transplant
This organ plays a major role in metabolism and has a number of functions in the body, including glycogen storage, decomposition of red blood cells, plasma protein synthesis, hormone production, and detoxification. It lies below the diaphragm in the abdominal-pelvic region of the abdomen. It produces bile, an alkaline compound which aids in digestion via the emulsification of ...Read more
Just need a portion: Living related liver transplant is considered routine at some select transplant centers. It is an excellent option to address end stage liver failure. Call your local transplant support group(s) and discuss your specific concerns with your txp center - a referral can be make to a different facility if necessary. ...Read more
Using part of liver: Similar to removal of a portion of the liver because it contains a tumor or other type of disease, living donor liver transplantation depends on the use of a portion of the donor's liver. The donor is left with enough liver to remain healthy. The recipient gets the part that is removed. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Is there anywhere in the usa that does living donor liver transplant? Me and my family are being told no.
The donor gives part: And keeps the rest, enough to live on. The liver that remains regenerates almost to 100% of original size and function. ...Read more
In medicine: a transfer from one body or body part to another of an organ (liver, heart, lung, kidney, pancreas bowel) or tissue (hand, face, hair). The immune system fights foreign invaders (like infections) so it will reject transplants from other people (allotransplants) because they look like infections. So transplants usually require drugs to ...Read more
A liver transplant is a surgical procedure that has both a donor and a recipient. The donor has part (if living) or the entire liver removed, and this is transplanted to the recipient. Liver transplantation is a life saving procedure and is performed when the recipient's liver is failing, or has developed a localized cancer that cannot be removed ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How many drinks a day does it take to get cirrhosis of the liver?
- How many years does it take to get cirrhosis of the liver?
- How long after bone marrow transplant does a patient stay in the hospital?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How often does a bone marrow transplant not get rid of the leukemia?
- How many different forms of vitamin a are active in the body?
- How many cases a year of the plague occur in the united states?
- How many years does it take to go from normal to the end of menopause?
- Talk to a hepatologist online for free