Doctor insights on:
How Many Years Does It Take To Go From Normal To The End Of Menopause
The perimenopause: The average age of menopause is 52. Menopause is defined as one year without periods. The perimenopause is the period of time from when your periods become less predictable until the actual onset of menopause. The perimenopause does not begin before the age of 35 and usually does not begin until after 45. Perimenopause is because of fewer eggs, menopause is from the lack of estrogen. ...Read more
Menopause is defined as the absence of menstrual periods for 12 months. During menopause, the ovaries stop producing estrogen and progesterone. After the complete transition into menopause, women can no longer get pregnant. The average age for menopause is 51 years old. Symptoms include dry vaginal tissue, irregular periods, hot flashes, mood ...Read more
Is it normal for me to have a psudocrani tumor? I am 59 yrs old and went through menopause at the age of 43. I had a hysterectomy 5 years ago.
I get periods every 3 weeks instead every 4weeks as before, 4the last few years now, is this normal? And is it a sign of menopause approachin, I am 38
I have pmdd and i take a ssri to minimize symptoms. Will I have to take ssri until i enter menopause? I'm 26 years old.
That is a : Possibility. At some point a trial can be done, tapering off medication to see if the sxs reappear. ...Read more
I've not experienced the symptom as my friends except weight gain. Is this normal? I've think been in menopause almost 4 years. I have gain considerable weight, but that may be a combination of menopause, stopping smoking, and medications. My friends,
Not sure of the ?: You should resubmit in a shorter form. Weight gain is common after both menopause and stopping smoking (congrats!) but is usually 5-10 lbs. If you have gained considerable weight, this is not healthy for you, and diet and exercise should be the starting point. Many medications that cause weight gain may have alternatives that have less of that. Talk to your doctor about that and about weight loss. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How many years does it take to get oral cancer from tobacco?
- How many years does it take to develop lung cancer from smoking?
- How many years does it take to get cirrhosis?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How many years does it take to get oral cancer from chewing tobacco?
- How many years does it take to get cirrhosis of the liver?
- How many years does it take to develop throat cancer?
- How many years does it take for throat cancer to develop?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free