Doctor insights on:
How Many Years Does It Take To Get Oral Cancer From Tobacco
Varies- Quit Tobacco: It usually takes years to decades, however, oral cancer has developed in teenagers using chewing tobacco. Quit the habit as it may take a short time in a suseptible individual. Other factors being hpv infection, immune status and genetic make-up of the person, . ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
I chewed tobacco for around 1 year. I get canker sores on my cheeks that take a few weeks to heal. Could they be oral cancer? I have no other symptoms
How long does it take to get oral cancer from chewing tobacco? Is there a known, calculated number?
No: There is no known, calculated number for the time required to develop oral cancer from chewing tobacco. However, using smokeless tobacco greatly increases the risk of developing oral cancer. It would be in your best interest to discontinue using chewing tobacco! ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I did dip tobacco (smokeless) for 5 years and I quit 3 years ago. Will I most likely get oral cancer even though I quit 3 years ago?
I did smokeless tobacco dip for 5 years. I quit in October 2012. Am I still likely to get oral cancer? I worry everyday since I quit.
No set time: Just stop.Get a more detailed answer ›
Is it possible for a 21 year old who doesn't smoke/chew tobacco and who isn't sexually active to get oral cancer?
Yes, but low risk: Unfortunately, anyone can develop oral cancer (or any other cancer). Another big risk factor is alcohol use. To a lesser degree, excessive sun exposure can cause cancer of the lips. Reduce your risks and lead a healthy life style and don't be overly concerned. Excessive worry is not healthy either. Get routine head and neck soft tissues exams at your dentist. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How many years does it take to get oral cancer from chewing tobacco?
- How long does it take to get oral cancer from chewing tobacco?
- How long does it take to get mouth cancer from chewing tobacco?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does it take for chewing tobacco to cause oral cancer?
- How many cigarettes does it take to get lung cancer?
- How long does it take for mouth cancer to develop from chewing tobacco?
- How long does it take to get oral cancer if you catch hpv at 25y?
- Talk to a oncologist online for free