Doctor insights on:
How Many Years Does It Take To Get Oral Cancer From Chewing Tobacco
Varies- Quit Tobacco: It usually takes years to decades, however, oral cancer has developed in teenagers using chewing tobacco. Quit the habit as it may take a short time in a suseptible individual. Other factors being hpv infection, immune status and genetic make-up of the person, . ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Cancer is a group of diseases that is characterized by uncontrolled cell growth leading to invasion of surrounding tissues that spread to other parts of the body. Cancer can begin anywhere in the body and is usually related to one or more genetic mutations that allow normal cells to become malignant by interfering with internal cellular control mechanisms, such as programmed cell death or by preventing ...Read more
How long does it take to get oral cancer from chewing tobacco? Is there a known, calculated number?
No: There is no known, calculated number for the time required to develop oral cancer from chewing tobacco. However, using smokeless tobacco greatly increases the risk of developing oral cancer. It would be in your best interest to discontinue using chewing tobacco! ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
No set time: Just stop.Get a more detailed answer ›
Varies: It varies depending on the ethnicity of the user, length of time using chewing tobacco , it starts as white patches in the inside of check or under the tongue that gets harder in time and turn cancerous. Regular dental check up visits to your dentist can discover that in early stages or before it from and suggest treatment ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I have been chewing tobacco for 20-21 months now and have recently become afraid of oral cancer. Is this a long enough time to get it? What's typical?
Quit while ahead!: If you quit now, you will greatly reduce your chance of oral and other cancers. It is unlikely that you have cancer now from the use of tobacco, but there is considerable variation, based on genetics. I can not emphasize too much that you should quit using tobacco in any form while you are ahead. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How many years does it take to get oral cancer from tobacco?
- How long does it take to get oral cancer from chewing tobacco?
- How long does it take to get mouth cancer from chewing tobacco?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does it take for mouth cancer to develop from chewing tobacco?
- Chewing tobacco how long does it take to get cancer
- How many years does it take to develop lung cancer from smoking?
- Symptoms of oral cancer from chewing tobacco
- Talk to a oncologist online for free