Doctor insights on:
How Many Times Do I Have To Wash Bedding After Finding Lice In My Head
I can't stand head lice. I have been lice-free for a while but can they return to the host from infected bedding, or are they incapable?
Prevent re-infection: Wash clothing or linens in hot water. Soak personal items like combs or brushes in hot water for at least 10 minutes (or throw them out if this is an option). Vacuum floors, carpets, mattresses, upholstered furniture ; your vehicles. ...Read more
Is it safe for someone to sit on furniture and bedding if they have just been treated for head lice?
Once or twice: One treatment on the first day and sometimes a repeat treatment one week later is usually all that is necessary. ...Read more
After treatment of head lice with Hedrin I am still finding between 10 and 20 seemingly new hatched lice 24 hours after.They appear dead. Normal?
Yes: According to the hedrin website- one of the active ingredients paralyzes the lice and so they likely look dead- The maker also recommends that the procedure be repeated in 7 days for eggs that hatched since the first application and also say that if it looks like there is a re-infection that you can use the treatment again Try to find the source of the infection and good luck! ...Read more
My child has head lice, and we've tried just about everything to get rid of them. We keep finding a few more!?
Weekly treatment: Treatment should be repeated after the first week and most important is to make sure that there is nothing causing reinfection such as brushes, bedding, friends, scarves, etc. There was an article a few years back that showed that applying cetaphil cleanser thickly overnight and letting it dry can kill the lice. It may be something to try 7 days in a row as a safe alternative to all the chemical. ...Read more
Hi! my scalp is so itchy and its not just my scalp its my whole head. We have treated for lice three times and have found flecks, but thats it! help?
My head has been itchy for a few weeks...been checked 3 times for head lice...none found, also used NIX just to be sure...still itchy...
What is the typical amount of time after exposure to head lice that you would likely see it on yourself?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How many times do i have to go back to the doctor after mr fus?
- How long should i expect to have blood in my pee after having a prostate biopsy?
- How long do i have to wear a retainer after getting my braces off?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How do i get help to get back on my feet after prolonged bedrest in pregnanct?
- How long do i have to stay in the hospital after i have bariatric surgery?
- How many times do i have to jump rope to lose weight?
- How many weeks do i have to be so i can my doctor can stripping the membranes?
- Talk to a pediatrician online