Doctor insights on:
How Many People Have Herpes
There are different types of herpes infections; herpes simplex infection of mouth (gingivostomatitis) and lips (labialis) are the most common. Others include genital herpes, and herpes zoster. Herpes infection could very mild to very dangerous depending on the type and location of the body affected. I ...Read more
Is it more common for someone to know they have herpes or to not know they have it ? Are people more likely to have the symptoms or not have them?
Not know: Most people who have the herpes virus never know that they have it and can carry it for years before having an out break. The slide that is used in lectures is of an ice berg and the people who know they have it are the top of that ice berg. I delivered a baby who was born infected and neither the mom nor the dad had any idea that they had it. ...Read more
Why is it that some people have highly recurring outbreaks of herpes (2), while others only have a couple or never even have an outbreak/symptoms?
Stress is a factor: Stress increases the frequency of herpes outbreaks. By taking daily suppressive therapy you can prevent frequent outbreaks and prevent transmitting the virus to others. If you don't want to take medication, daily Lysine 500mg is helpful in suppressing herpes outbreaks. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How many people have herpes simplex 1?
- How many people have the gangrene disease?
- How many people have arachnophobia?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How many people have the translucent type of floaters?
- How many people have cystic fibrosis in the world?
- How many people have duchenne muscular dystrophy?
- How many people have cancer in the united states?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free