Doctor insights on:
How Many People Have Arachnophobia
Many therapies exist: Arachnophobia is an extreme fear of spiders. It is considered a phobia if the provoked anxiety is overwhelming and functionally debilitating. Phobias that are mild can be overcome with relaxation and self-help techniques, but more intractable cases require professional help. Behavioral therapy, such as exposure therapy, and medications can be prescribed to overcome these very real difficulties. ...Read more
Fear of spiders: Very few people are fond of spiders, but if you are so afraid of them that it seems silly even to you, then you can self-diagnose arachnophobia. Phobias are easy for a skilled mental health expert to treat, but don't try to understand them; i know one physician who self-cured fear of heights by learning to skydive. Good luck. ...Read more
Start with general: Anxiety management strategies and daily living habits for overall improved stress management and skill development including visual imagery. Then apply these strategies to graduated 'exposure' to the thoughts and viewings of spiders until you are more comfortable/less terrified. Try 'the relaxation and stress reduction workbook.' if not sufficient success, seek professional help. Best regards. ...Read more
Exterminator!!!: You could also try hypnotherapy...Get a more detailed answer ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How many people have the translucent type of floaters?
- How many people have cystic fibrosis in the world?
- How many people have duchenne muscular dystrophy?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How many people have high ca 125?
- How many people have a negative blood type?
- How many people have pdd nos?
- How many people have herpes simplex 1?
- How many people have the gangrene disease?