Doctor insights on:
How Many People Die Yearly Worldwide From Lyme Disease
An infection: Lyme disease is a rickettsial infection caused by a tick bite that spreads the Lyme organism into the human host. It's most common features include skin joint and nerve involvement. Cardigan involvement with irregular rhythm can also occur. This could potentially be life threatening ...Read more
Lyme is caused by borrelia burgdorferi. Acute symptoms can include bullseye rash, headaches, joint pain, fever, and flu like sx. Chronic symptoms can include fibromyalgia symptoms, nerve pain in extremities, mood swings, brain fog, heart problems. Lab diagnosis is not very reliable, and sometimes clinical ...Read more
Bite of infected tic: Lime disease is spread by ticks that have acquired the germ in the past and it stays in their system. A tick bite from another of the same species without the ld germ will not do it. The tick must get on your body, settle in for a feeding & feed long enough to pass the germ to you (hours). ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
See below: Lyme disease is caused by a bacteria called borrelia burgdorferi, named after the scientist willy burgdorfer who discovered the bacterial pathogen - a spirochete (spiral appearing bacteria). It is transmitted by tick saliva but primarily only after being embedded for at least 48 hours. It causes disease by infecting many types of cells and destroying their function. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How many people die per year from lyme disease?
- How many people die from heart disease each year?
- How many people die from heart bypass?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How many people die from gastroenteritis?
- How many people die from hernia surgery?
- How many people die of heart disease?
- How many people die of mad cow disease?
- Talk to a travel medicine specialist online for free