Doctor insights on:
How Many People Die From Heart Bypass
Why some die immediately when they have an heart attack while some survive, have a bypass and live on?
Sudden death: 10-25% of heart attack deaths are from arrhythmias that occur within the first few hours after occlusion of a coronary artery which is the cause of a heart attack. This is a huge reason to get a person to a hospital early in the course of a suspected heart attack. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
NO: There is not such a thing as "per-emptive" bypass surgery. If you are worried about heart attack, you have to address risk factors, including: Smoking, hypertension, diabetes, high cholesterol, obesity and sedentary lifestyle. Exercise and a prudent diet will help you more than anything else. ...Read more
Can vs. Should: Since coronary artery disease can affect all the major coronary arteries, the presence of significant blockage may occur in many vessels & branches. So the answer is dependent on the skill & courage of the operators, whether it be angioplasties & stents, or coronary artery bypass by arterial or venous grafts. Most patients get less than 6, but i've had colleagues that did up to 15 (in 1 patient). ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Variable: Depends on age, left ventricle, other risks etc. Depends on conduits- internal mammary grafts. The point is that most do well and for along time. I have patients at 30 years. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How many people die from heart disease each year?
- How many people die from kidney failure each year?
- How many people die each year from anorexia nervosa?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How often do people die from bulimia if they have heart conidtion?
- How many people die per year from lyme disease?
- How many people die of heart disease?
- How many people die from cystic fibrosis each year?
- Talk to a cardiologist online