Doctor insights on:
How Many People Die Due To A Heart Bypass
Why some die immediately when they have an heart attack while some survive, have a bypass and live on?
Sudden death: 10-25% of heart attack deaths are from arrhythmias that occur within the first few hours after occlusion of a coronary artery which is the cause of a heart attack. This is a huge reason to get a person to a hospital early in the course of a suspected heart attack. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
NO: There is not such a thing as "per-emptive" bypass surgery. If you are worried about heart attack, you have to address risk factors, including: Smoking, hypertension, diabetes, high cholesterol, obesity and sedentary lifestyle. Exercise and a prudent diet will help you more than anything else. ...Read more
Stents: Stents can fail after they have been placed if a clot forms in the stent or if the lining of the vessel grows into the stent in an overgrowth manner and causes obstruction of the stent. Rarely there is a tear in the blood vessel called a dissection which can happen when the stent is placed. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How many people die of heart disease?
- How many people die from heart disease each year?
- How many people die of cancer?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How many people die a year because of smoking?
- How many people die of breast cancer?
- How many people die from thyroid cancer?
- How many people die related to hernia surgery?
- Talk to a cardiologist online