Doctor insights on:
How Many Milligrams Of Amoxicillin Should I Take For An Abscess Tooth
Important: .Get a more detailed answer ›
Abscess is a condition in which a person has an infection in a part of his body, and the infection is being surrounded and fought off by his white blood cells, causing a lump of purulent whitish thick material (pus) where the infection is. Abscesses can be very small like an acne pustule, or they can be ...Read more
The following: 500mg 3x/day.Get a more detailed answer ›
Not always 1st choic: Amoxicillin is not always the first choice for a tooth abscess. Simple pen v-k is very effective & if it is a recurring abscess, Clindamycin is next best. All depends on the severity of the problem & of course if you are allergic to certain antibiotics. I wouldn't take it as a matter of fact, see your dentist & decide. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
See a dentist: You must treat the source of the infection, not only the symptoms. Therefore, you need to clean out the inside of the tooth to remove the bacteria which is the source of the infection. The antibiotics cannot reach the source of the infection. See a dentist for more information, recommendation and treatment. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Have had a tooth abscess for three months just swelled up recently. Its hard and doesn't hurt but uncomfortable. will augmentin (amoxicillin and clavulanate) 875mg take swell down?
Been on 500mg3xday amoxicillin for tooth abscess was told to take 300mg clindamycin before root canal. I have aortic stenosis too. Can i mix the two?
A tooth or dental abcess is an infected tooth. The tooth can become infected by a caries ( decay) or by trauma, or through a gum infection or some other way. A tooth abcess may be life threatening so it should be taken care of asap. A dentist will recommend extraction or root ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How much amoxicillin should i take for an abscessed tooth?
- How much amoxicillin should i take for abscess tooth?
- How many milligrams of ibuprofen should i take?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How many milligrams of ibuprofen can i take?
- How long should i take amoxicillin for tooth infection?
- How much amoxicillin should i take for a tooth abcess?
- How much amoxicillin should i take for a tooth infection?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free