Doctor insights on:
How Many Kms To Run To Lose Weight
Many people resolve to lose weight in the New Year for different reasons. For those who are overweight or obese, there are many health benefits to losing weight. It can help decrease your chances of developing diseases including diabetes, heart disease, high blood pressure, osteoarthritis, and even certain types of cancer. Low-calorie diets combined with increased physical activity are thought to be most effective long term. The healthiest weight loss regimen, therefore, is one that consists of making lifestyle changes that incorporate a balanced diet ...Read more
Running: Running is a good form of exercise and can definitely help you lose weight. However, it is a high impact exercise and can damage your knees. Any form of cardio exercise that gets your heart rate up is good. Biking (or stationary bike), elliptical machine, rowing, swimming are all great forms of cardio. Maintain your target hr for 30+min to burn fat. Running is fine if your knees can take it. ...Read more
It will help a lot: A combo of aerobic (cardiovascular) +weight bearing (build muscles) exercises along with proper/balanced diet is probably the best, but some is better than nothing. 4 miles/day=awesome. Minimize sodas, juices, pizza, donuts, brownies, cookies, truffles, ice cream, lattes, beers/liquor, and the evil of chips... So, be sensible. Keep on running and stay healthy. Don't forget to sleep well. Good luck. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How many laps should i run to lose weight?
- How to run for beginners to lose weight?
- How to run to lose weight for an hourglass figure?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How many miles to run a day?
- How much weight will you lose if you run six times a week for a month?
- How long do i have to run to lose weight?
- Running for weight loss
- Talk to a preventive medicine specialist online for free