Doctor insights on:
How Many Hours After A Dental Filling Should I Wait Before Brushing My Teeth
Rereootcanal with temp filling. Can brushing my teeth hard cause damage to the tooth? How suceptible is the tooth to damage?
Yes, but...: Usually for a short time only. Like a cut in the skin, it is normal to be tender for a couple of days until it heals. Deep fillings and cracked teeth can be highly sensitive (esp. To ice/cold) and may need further care. Sensitivity that lasts should be evaluated by your dentist. Root canal therapy can alleviate painful pulpal problems. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
It depends.: Which material is best for your child depends on whether this is a baby tooth or one of the permanent teeth, and how big the filling will need to be. Tooth colored fillings are usually best for really small fillings since it binds with the tooth enamel. Though not all tooth colred fillings work on baby teeth. Silver fillings are stronger so they may be better for larger fillings. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Will dental filling be done in the same tooth (after first one comes out remaining in place for two years)?
Replacing fillings: This seemingly simple question is not quite that easy to answer, especially sight unseen. Can a filling be replaced? Yes. However, it might require more than just a filling based upon the condition of the tooth and the reason why it needs replacement. If it just chipped, discolored or slightly more decay, then yes. If substantial decay, fracture, nerve exposure, etc, probably not. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Depends: Some sensitivity after filling is due to irritation to the nerve, after few days subsides. Others is because the bite after filling placement is too high & needs adjustment or balancing. After adjustment sensitivity goes down after 2 to 3 days. And if the sensitivity does not go away after 1 week and the quality of pain changes to constant, spontaneous, and to hot temperature might need root canal. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How many hours should i wait to drink after taking a 5 lorazepam?
- How long should i wait after my bypass surgery before taking a long plane trip?
- Generally how long should i wait after my hernia surgery before exercise
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long after a disc bulges should i wait before i exercise again?
- How log should i wait after a potential hiv exposure before getting tested?
- Should i floss before or after brushing my teeth
- How long should i wait to take a pregnancy test after my missed period?
- Talk to a preventive medicine specialist online for free