Doctor insights on:
How Many Dtaps Do You Need
Confusing question: TdaP is the formulation for adults. It consists of the same amount of Tetanus and Pertussis material as the infant vaccine.There is a reduced amount of Diphtheria material to match the needs of adults and reduce shot reactions. A double dose of childhood vaccine would provide no additional benefit but increase the chance of a shot reaction. ...Read more
See below:: Dtap may cause the following mild side effects, which usually last only a few days: •fever/fussiness •rash •redness or swelling at the injection site •tenderness/soreness at the injection site becoming infected with diphtheria, pertussis, or tetanus is much more dangerous to your health than receiving the vaccine to protect against these diseases! ...Read more
No: This happens often enough when schools vaccinate and fail to pass along the information to the kids doc, or vise versa, that we have data to review. The kids have no negative response other than being disappointed about getting an extra shot. ...Read more
Check sources: I have been giving the vaccine since its introduction. After almost 2 decades I have seen no problems after thousands of doses. Check with the cdcat www.Cdc.Gov for their review of the data. The garbage put out by the vaccine haters have lead to an increase of whooping cough in the us from 2, 500 in the 90's to 40, 000 last year with 30+ deaths. Vaccines are good, avoiding the can be deadly. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How many dtap vaccinations does my baby need?
- How many hours of sleep do you need?
- How many tablets do you need to overdose?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How many times do you need to poop a day?
- How many calories do you need while pregnant if overweight?
- How many teeth do you need to lose to receive dentures?
- How many dtap shots are required?
- Talk to a pediatrician online