Doctor insights on:
How Many Different Types Of Anthrax Are There
1 germ/3-4 forms: There is one anthrax germ that produces human illness based on how it enters the body. Inhaled spores can produce pulmonary anthrax (terrorist act), eating raw meat or dairy from infected animals can produce mouth & throat or gastrointestinal anthrax.Spores that are scratched into the skin surface can produce a skin sore.See www.Bt.Cdc.Gov/agent/anthrax. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
GI- lung-skin: Mortality rate for untreated cutaneous (skin) anthrax is 10 -20 percent but less than 1% with correct antibiotic tx. The mortality rate for inhalation (pulmonary) anthrax is around 75% (50 - 90 %) even with antibiotic therapy. Mortality rate for gastrointestinal anthrax is about 50 % (25 -60%). Effect of early antibiotic tx is uncertain for gi. Meningitis due to anthrax is about 100% fatal. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Bacterial infection: Infectious disease caused by bacteria called bacillus anthracis. Called woolsorter's disease because those at highest risk work around hoofed animals such as sheep, cattle, goats. Infection in humans most often involves the skin, gastrointestinal tract, or lungs. Can be treated with certain antibiotics. Can be fatal if not treated. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How many different types of plastic are there?
- How many different types of warts are there?
- How many different types of vitamins are there?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How many different types of cpr are there?
- How many different types of anemia are there?
- How many different types of muscular dystrophy are there?
- How many different stds are there?
- Talk to a dermatologist online