Doctor insights on:
How Many Different Strains Of Hpv Are There
Human Papillomavirus (HPV) is the most common sexually transmitted infection. There are over 100 different types of HPV that causes warts in different areas of the body. HPV is incredibly common and almost all sexually active men and women get it during their lifetime. Most of the time HPV does not cause any symptoms or complications. However, A limited number of these HPV viruses are pathogenic and if not monitored carefully can be responsible for causing cervical and penile cancer. Some of these viruses have been ...Read more
What strains of HPV are looked for in pap smears? How soon after exposure to HPV would one have an abnormal pap?
Yes: But not commercially, only in research or university laboratories do you have anyone interested in doing all 40 strains. ...Read more
Does your body eventually clear HPV? What if you were infected with multiple strains? Would this impede your body from clearing the strains?
HPV is cleared...: ...by the immune system, typically over 6-18 months. HPV may persist in tissues, and the virus itself sometimes reappears to cause an abnormal pap smear, but usually does not. Infection with several strains of HPV is very common and does not affect clearance. There is nothing unusual or especially worrisome about your HPV infection compared with others. I hope this has helped. Best wishes. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Different types of hpv strains
- How many different stds are there?
- How many strands of hpv are there?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How many different types of warts are there?
- How many different types of vitamins are there?
- How many different types of cancer are there?
- How many different types of anthrax are there?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free