Doctor insights on:
How Many Different Strains Of Hpv Are There
What strains of HPV are looked for in pap smears? How soon after exposure to HPV would one have an abnormal pap?
Genital warts: The hpv types that cause external visible warts (hpv types 6 and 11) rarely cause cancer. Other hpv types (most often types 16, 18, 31, 33 and 35) are less common in visible warts but are strongly associated with penile and vulvar intra-epithelial neoplasia (pre-cancerous changes) and squamous cell carcinoma (scc) of the genital area especially cervical cancer and less frequently invasive vulvar c. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Could u pls tell me the most effective&extensive HPV vaccine that is soon 2 b/currently available? It should protect from as many types/strains as pos
See below: Most cases of penile cancer are due to hpv 16, 18, 31, and 45. These are the same oncogenic (cancer-causing) strains that have been implicated in the development of cervical cancer, anal cancer, and squamous cell cancers of the mouth, head, and neck. Other strains have also been reported to cause cancer as well. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How many different types of anemia are there?
- How many different kinds of ovarian cysts are there?
- How many different stages of brain cancer are there?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How many different types of anthrax are there?
- How many different types of cancer are there?
- How many different types of muscular dystrophy are there?
- How many different types of vitamins are there?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free