Doctor insights on:
How Many Days Would It Take For A Thumb Fracture To Heal
A fracture is a broken bone. As there is cartilage at the end of many bones at the joint, a fracture may also include a break in the cartilage. Fractures and broken bones are the same thing. It seems that many believe that a "fracture" is a lesser injury or an incomplete break in the bone, but this is not correct. Fractures may be displaced or ...Read more
6 weeks: Usually 6 weeks.Get a more detailed answer ›
Several weeks: If everything is now back in place, it could take several weeks for your thumb to not hurt at all. If it is immobilized, you will be given exercises to do when you can finally move it. Doing these every day carefully will help the healing process. Hopefully you will make a full and rapid recovery! It is also important to avoid re-injury. ...Read more
6-8 weeks : It varies, but most fractures take 6-8 weeks to heal. You would want to make sure it is not a "game keepers thumb" which is an avulsion fracture in which the ulnar collateral ligament often gets inserted between the bone edges and can limit fracture healing; these often require surgery to heal. ...Read more
Sure, but be careful: Most likely if your in a splint your fracture is not significantly displaced. Don't use the thumb for anything while it is out of the splint and limit your time out of the splint to personal hygiene only. Follow your doctors instructions and get follow-up x-rays. Ice and elevated to control pain and swelling. ...Read more
Variable: If all goes well, 8 weeks to heal. Then start getting your motion and strength back. ...Read more
Broken bone is also known as Fracture. A bone fracture is a condition in which there is a break in the bone. It can be caused by a high force injury or it may result from a previous medical condition that involves weakening of the bone. Common symptoms include severe pain, swelling of the surrounding ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long will it take for a broken thumb to heal?
- How long does it take for a big toe fracture to heal?
- How long does it take for a hairline fracture in the foot to heal?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long will it take for a fractured knee to heal?
- How long will it take for a fractured toe to heal?
- How long will it take for a hip hairline fracture to heal?
- How long does it take for a radial head fracture to heal?
- Talk to a orthopedic surgeon online for free