Doctor insights on:
How Many Days Does Zicam Stay In Your Body For
I took Zicam Rapidmelts for 3 days o shorten a cold as directed and am now experiencing loss of smell/taste. Is this permanent? I've heard that it is.
Beware!: Otc decongestant sprays such as zicam, afrin, etc (oxymetazoline) can definitely cause rebound congestion typically after 5 to 7 days of use. This condition is called rhinitis medicamentosa, and long-term use of such medications can be difficult to treat. For severe cases, an allergist or ENT physician can recommend weaning protocols in conjunction with proper rhinitis therapy. ...Read more
OTC medications: Over-the-counter medications appear to be helpful for some individuals. Unfortunately, some otc medications have never been proven to be effective in controlled studies. Beware of medications that do not site published studies, but rely only on testamonials. Even in controlled drug studies, it is not uncommon for up to 40% of those in the placebo group (untreated) to experience symptom relief. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
No it does not: Its never been show to be effective in a cold in clinical trials. ...Read more
Yes: I checked it, and I do not see any interactions reported between zicam and warfarin. But I am wondering what you are taking warfarin for? As you know there are many drugs that interact with warfarin, so that you are doing right thing by asking the question before you trake any new medicine. My recommendation in the future would be to ask the question to the doctor who prescribed the medicine. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does marijuanna stay in your body?
- How long does marijauna stay in your body?
- How long does mdpv stay in your body?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does weed stay in your body for?
- How long does percocet stay in your body?
- How long does nicotine stay in your body?
- How long does acetaminophen stay in your body?
- Talk to a pharmacologist online for free