Doctor insights on:
How Many Days Can A Period Be Delayed
How many days can period get delayed normally? And can be handled without any supervision like with vitamin c, or provera (medroxyprogesterone)
Just one time delay?: If worried, doctor can check to see if there is any medical issue, if a woman has mild menstrual-related symptoms. Many women have some variation of their mucus discharge, their periods, or a missed period on occasion. Some women feel normal after a few days, but others do have bothersome symptoms and follow-up with their doctors. A pregnancy test is accurate if done after missing a period. ...Read more
It varies!: There is no straight answer to that. However if you still notice significant irregularity after you stopped with the Pills for longer than 4-6 mo-s, see your Gyn, ...Read more
Please: Consider having an adult or someone who is at least 16 years old ask this question for you. You need to be at least 16 years old to post questions on Healthtap. Thanks. ...Read more
My wife's period is often delayed.It varies from 30-35days in average, sometimes it varies to 40-45days. Lastly, she was late by 16 days. Is it normal?
Maybe yes -maybe no: Reasons for missed/late periods: low body weight, obesity, marked weight ^ or v, over-exercise, endurance athletics, breast-feeding, ^ stress, illness, eating disorders (bulimia or anorexia), anovulatory cycle (no egg released), travel, hormone irregularities, drug use, meds (i.e., birth control) or medical problems (i.e. Pcos). #1 reason is pregnancy. Take a home pregnancy test now. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
No.: Should not delay it.Get a more detailed answer ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How many days can my period be late?
- How can i delay my period for a few days?
- How to delay period for a few days?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How many days delayed to know you are pregnant?
- How many days after my period can i become pregnant?
- How many days after period can you test for pregnancy?
- How many days after your period can you ovulate?
- How many days can a menstrual cycle be delayed?