Doctor insights on:
How Many Cycles Of Taxol Do Most Doctors Do
Was given Taxol (paclitaxel) and carbo 3 x h & h were terrible stopped Taxol (paclitaxel) now platelets are 9 and h & h dropping doc can't figure out think something else going?
Taxol (paclitaxel): TAXOL (paclitaxel) is contraindicated in patients who have a history of hypersensitivity reactions to TAXOL (paclitaxel) or other drugs formulated in Cremophor® EL (polyoxyethylated castor oil). TAXOL (paclitaxel) should not be used in patients with solid tumors who have baseline neutrophil counts of ...Read more
Drug from a tree: Taxol is a chemotherapy drug used commonly to treat breast cancer. It's generic name is paclitaxel. It is also used to treat ovarian, lung, prostate, bladder, melanoma, esophageal cancer and other solid tumor cancers. It is made fromthe pacific yew tree bark. It works by preventing the cancer cells from dividing and therefore stops their growth. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Stops cell division.: In order to grow and spread, cancer cells need to divide and make copies of themselves. In order to divide and make copies of itself, the cell must prepare by organizing a kind of internal scaffolding, called microtubules. Taxol (paclitaxel) works by preventing the microtubules from functioning properly. Consequently, the cells can't divide properly and cancer growth is slowed. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How many days after a menstrual cycle do you ovulate?
- How many days do you ovulate before your cycle?
- How long do weekly taxol infusions take?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How many days is menstrual cycle?
- How many ovulation days in a cycle?
- How many days in a menstrual cycle?
- How many days after period do you ovulate on 28 day cycle?
- Talk to a general surgeon online for free