Doctor insights on:
Burning Off A Pound
A calorie is the amount of heat energy needed to increase a mililiter of water 1 degree centigrade, the calorie we talk about in foods is really a kilocalorie, that is the amount of energy needed to increase a liter of water 1 degree centigrade... So if you eat a food that is 500 calories that food if burned completely has enough energy to heat a liter of ...Read more
Why focus on calorie: when this is only a physics measurement for amount of energy to warm water in a calorimeter? Additionally, any figures published are only estimations, not definitive. If your goal is weight loss, Google LCHF & study: http://www.dietdoctor.com/lose-weight-by-achieving-optimal-ketosis for better guidance. ...Read more
~3500: The average person probably burns about 100 calories for every mile run.That means you'd have to run about 30-35 miles to drop a pound.On the other hand, eliminating one regular coke a day for a year will help you lose 15 lbs.Although exercising is important, cleaning up the diet is a quicker way to lose weight.Often we focus to much on increasing the exercise when we should focus more on the diet. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
To lose 1 lb weight: ... You have to burn 3500 more calories than you take in. ...Read more
Harris-Benedict form: BMR (basal metabolic rate)=9.6xwt. In kg +1.8xht. In cm. -(minus) (4.7xage in years). One inch =2.54m, and lkg=2.2#. The result in in # calories when resting. Light activity, multiply BMR x1.375; moderate activity use 1.55; hard exercise use1.725. When you eat more calories daily, use store it usually as fat, and if eat less, you should lose weight. ...Read more
In the range of: 8-10 calories per minute is what's reported in the literature(and there is limited data for a movement like this). ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How many drinks a day does it take to get cirrhosis of the liver?
- How many years does it take to burn out the pancreas and get type 2 diabetes?
- How many bee stings does it take to kill a human adult?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How many beers does it take to be a alcoholic?
- How many days does it take for cytotec to abort a pregnancy?
- How long does it take to cure a sinus infection on augmentin?
- How long does it take for antibiotics to kick in for a sinus infection?
- How many situps does it take to burn one pound of fat?