Doctor insights on:
How Many Bee Stings Does It Take To Kill A Human Adult
Yes: Allergic reactions to beestings include hives, wheezing, throat swelling, and drop in blood pressure; these reactions can be life-threatening and need to be taken seriously. Any visible reaction on the skin that is not directly connected to the site of the sting is an allergic reaction. You should carry an epi-pen when outdoors, and should consult an allergist regarding desensitization. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Bee? wasp? hornet?: Melittin is injected into the skin by a bee. This can cause significant sharp pain for a few minutes due to stimulation of pain receptor nerve endings in skin. There can be residual achy pain for several days with tenderness to palpation. Complications can cause longer symptoms.Yellow jackets can sting AND bite. Marked pain & significant itching may be experienced for 1 to 2 hours. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
An allergy skin test: An allergy specialist is able to test you to different extracts from bees and other stinging insects to determine what particular insect you may be allergic to. Based on your type of reaction and the test results, they may prescribe allergy shots to prevent future allergic reactions to bee (or other insect) stings. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How many ambien does it take to kill you?
- Treating bee stings in adults
- How long does bee sting swelling last?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does a bee sting stay swollen?
- How long does a bee sting itch?
- How many brain cells does a concussion kill?
- What takes the sting out of a bee sting?
- Talk to a dermatologist online