Doctor insights on:
How Low Is Your Sugar Before You Die
Depends but rare: Blood sugars below 50 can be lethal. Rapidly decreasing blood sugar can cause cardiac arrhythmia and increase risk for death. There is no simple answer to your question. Best to treat blood sugars below 80, and monitor blood sugar for trends. If you use insulin, talk to your doctor about this issue. Small frequent intake of food is a good start. Be well. ...Read more
Is possible: Generally, diabetes is a chronic disease that requires lifelong medical control and lifestyle changes. More deaths come from poor long-term control than from bouts of high blood sugar. However, with a blood sugar of 600 or higher, the risk of diabetic coma due to dehydration increases. Diabetic ketoacidosis can begin with a blood sugar in the 200's and up, and is more common in type i diabetes. ...Read more
Eat: Some people experience low sugars when they do not eat regularly and this can cause dizziness and fatigue. If you have this symptom it is best to eat regularly. You could also keep something small like a granola bar with you so that if you start feeling bad you would have something to snack on that is healthy. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How do you know when your blood sugar is low?
- How long can you go without pooping before you die?
- How long can you have hiv before you die?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How to know if you are pregnant before your period?
- How do you lower your blood sugar?
- What to do when your blood sugar is low you are insulin dependent?
- Can you die from low platelets?
- How long can you not poop before you die?